Here's one of the quickest recipes with homemade ingredients. Since it's mango season, my kitchen has been overloaded with the fruit. They've come from all over; Ratnagiri, Goa, the local markets and even our door to door mango guy, and the aroma in the kitchen is always very strong. So strong that one evening when I was thinking of making a cocktail, the only fruit I could think of using was a mango. Now I'm not a huge fan of mangoes and you'll never catch me eating one, unless of course it's raw and backed with spices and vinegar. But this was too good of a drink to pass. Not to mention easy as well. It technically is a mango mojito, but with a spicy element as well (because that's how I prefer my mango). The contrasts of the sweet mango and a hint of spice make it perfect chilled drink during the hot "almost" done summer.
- 1 sweet mango, chopped into tiny cubes or pureed mango
- Fresh lime
- Mint leaves
- Rum (optional)
- Tabasco sauce
- Club soda
Step by step process
- Pile up the shaker with the mango cubes/puree, a sprig of ripped mint leaves, a shot of rum, a drop (or two) of Tabasco and a hint of fresh lime.
- Muddle ingredients till the mango resembles a small mush.
- Add ice cubes to the shaker and shake for a while.
- Pour ingredients into two glasses.
- Top it off with club soda
- Garnish glasses with lime and mint.