Here's the Dutch-Belgian side of my lovely vacation. I have Dutch family who actually stay near Brussels so my base was set up there, while I visited a few other countries/cities. So I began with Brussels and then towards the Dutch cities - Delft and Amsterdam and Maastricht and the beach in Holland. And of course the lovely cities Gent and Brugges in Belgium. I was with my aunt and cousins most of the time and I also got to visit both the cities my cousins were studying in and see their dorm rooms as well as the nearby sights.
This post is a selection of my favourite images from these cities. As you can probably tell, I was obsessed with Zaanse Schans and the windmills all around! I was obviously sad because I didn't get to see the tulips in bloom because I was a couple of weeks too late! But the canals and beautiful blue skies made up for it. And of course the darling cats! At the house I stayed at when we visited Amsterdam.
Things you can do in these lovely places:
- Taste a lot of different kinds of cheeses. My favourite was lavender cheese. Yep. That actually exists!
- Gaze at the old windmills against clear blue skies for ages. Very therapeutic.
- Walk all over in Amsterdam. I did, from the train station up till Albert Cuypmarket and back.
- Fall in love with stroopwafels.
- Rent and ride a bike. Best way to explore the city. Also you'll perfectly fit in.
- Book a canal ride in either Amsterdam or Brugges.
- Drink Belgian beer! I'm not a fan of beer, but I'm in love with their cherry flavoured beer and I would have it every day.
Images taken on Canon 60D and iPhone 5, edited on VSCO cam