I'm not at all philosophical but I think great thoughts at time. Also Pinterest is no less. I keep coming across quotes which are inspirational, nostalgic, about love and heartbreak and some which are downright too emo to handle. Each of these invokes a thought (or two) and I cannot stop pinning and thinking. Growth, mistakes, experiments and changes are all things that cannot be avoided and are all part of what makes you who you are. I'm not the same person I was the day before, because everyday is a learning process to fix and maybe better what happened yesterday to make a better tomorrow - and I might sound like the biggest cliche ever, but it is what it is.
I was is Dubai this May and I've put off writing this post for the longest time ever, but of course the destinations don't change. There are hundreds of places to get your fashion fix from Dubai, because the city is brimming with malls and well dressed folks and designer labels. But since this is a personal blog and not a magazine, I decided to share my top 5 places to shop. During my stay there, I visited all these places (and more) but these are the ones that I decided had to be on this list, and of course I made sure they would cater to a designer label junkie as well as a bargain hunter.
I think everyone needs a little time off on a monthly basis. While some others on a weekly basis. Whether it's a small breather from your hectic work schedule or crazy household chores or even the bustle of this crazy city, I know I need some way/s to relax and let loose at the end of each week. Here is a small list of suggestions (that work out for me) when I need to unwind.
Before the title confuses you, when I say Mary, I of course mean me (who else?) and when I say lamb, I actually mean cat. But Roxanne had a little cat doesn't sound quite right, because Roxanne actually has three cats (and I usually don't refer to myself in the third person voice) but that's my reality. Of course most regular readers have seen images on the blog and Instagram of one particular fat cat, who I always seem to drag and force into posing for the camera, but let me assure you, that's far from the truth!
The lovely people from Independent Fashion Bloggers picked one of my previous posts in their weekly roundup. It's my third feature and I'm truly honoured. Here are 19 other fabulous must see posts.
Halloween HautenessIf there is one holiday people who love dressing up love, it's Haloween! The day when you can dress up, go over the top, and have a lot of fun. If you do not know what you are going to be this year, take a look at the links for this week and you'll get plenty of inspiration. Maybe even remember you have the fixings for something fabulous right in your closet!
Links à la Mode: October 30th
- Affordorable: What Exactly is a Gillet?
- Corporate Chic: Self Taught Artist: Christina O.
- DressCode:HighFashion: 10 Black & Orange High Fashion Looks for Halloween
- Elisfa: Flowers Illustrated
- Everyday Starlet: Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl Costume
- Head 2 Heels: Ode to Winter: Cozy Style Options
- Hunting in Heels: This Season's Most Expensive Pieces
- It Takes Two Fashion: Reversed Photoshopping
- ModaVracha's Spot: Psychologist Larissa Bruin Of From Hats To Heels Blog Is A Popcorn Addict
- Petite Mode Fille: What Would Happen If I Wore That
- Purushu Arie: Fashion History: 7 Photographs From The Early 20th Century
- Random Musings: DIY Embellished Open Shoulder Blouse
- Steph Strays: Blogging Lessons From The Man Repeller
- StyleCurated: Q&A With Camile Hardwick
- That Paki Blog: On Compromising Creativity
- The Daily Luxe: Trend Translation: The Blanket Coat
- The Style Convict: Halloween Hocus Pocus Looks
- The Sweet Seed: Vintage Shopping for Halloween
- Try It On Me: Halloween Costume: Pretty In Pink
- Wishing for Chanel: Halloween for The Fashion Conscious
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.
Here's a little update from a previous post. I finally managed to get most of what I had ordered before Diwali. Still waiting for my shoes and a bracelet to reach me. But once I got this dress, I fell in love with it. Sure the yellow wasn't as vibrant as I wanted it to be and it was missing the belt as shown in the image, but it was still lovely. And the little shrug is my favorite thing for the season, I'm in fact thinking of getting the other colours they have as well. It goes amazingly well with dresses and even ganjis, and folds very nicely. Great for pleasant evenings.