Ever encountered a situation where you see this gorgeous lavender top but once you try it on, you end up, well, hating it? One of the reasons for this is probably due to your undertone complexion. Most complexions fall into either the warm or cool category. Let’s find out which one you are!
COOL VS. WARMCOMPLEXIONS
Discovering Your Undertone
1. Looking at your forearms under natural light or outdoors. Looking at the vein colour, what colour do you see?
- If blue, then you’re cool.
- If green, then you’re warm.
2. Coloured jewelry can also play a part in what your undertone may be.
- If you tend to gravitate towards silver jewelry, you are cool.
- If you look better in gold jewelry, then you’re warm.
3. Lastly, depending if you burn or not under the sun is a good indicator, too!
- You don’t get tanned – then you’re cool
- You can get tanned – then you’re warm.
Choosing the Colours
Now that you’ve established what undertone complexion you have, then we can see what kinds of pastels will look good on you.
Once you’ve established what undertone you have, you can also wear pastels in multiple colours. “Colourblocking” is a great way to wear out pastels as you’re able to achieve an extravagant look while mixing different hues.
Accessories are appropriate for gals who like to express a little pastel while wearing darker coloured clothes. Just make sure that the light and dark colours stay in the same warm/cool complexion. Clashing of the two categories may result in a pastel don’t! For a list of colours that belong in each warm/cool category, click here!