It used to be that we had to wait for the Oscars, Golden Globes and Emmys to get our red carpet fashion fix, but now it seems that nary a day goes by without an awards show, store opening, new collaboration fete, capsule collection celebration, movie premiere, or some other reason to roll out a red carpet and watch dolled-up celebrities make the interview rounds.
Standing out in the sea of celebrities and making a memorable impact in the parade of events is no easy feat, but here are 10 of the year’s most memorable red carpet moments.
1. Katy Perry at the 2010 Met Gala in a Cute Circuit light -up gown.
2. Lady Gaga at the 2010 MTV Awards in a custom meat dress and matching accessories by Franc Fernandez.
3. Christina Hendricks at the 2010 Golden Globes in a Christian Siriano gown.
4. Alexa Chung at the 2010 CFDA Awards in a sheer, embellished bow gown/dress by Marc Jacobs.
5. Naomi Campbell’s Fashion for Relief/Alexander McQueen Tribute in Alexander McQueen.
6. Sandra Bullock at the 2010 Oscars in a Marchesa gown.
7. Lady Gaga at the 2010 Grammys in a runway inspired piece with matching accessories by Armani Privé
8. Sarah Jessica Parker at the New York City premiere of Sex and the City 2 in Valentino
9. Anna Dello Russo at the S/S 2011 Emilio Pucci show in Emilio Pucci
10. Rihanna at the 2010 American Music Awards in a sheer gown from Elie Saab Haute Couture.
*Note to celebrities: memorable isn’t always a good thing.
Source - The Fashion Spot